17 Jan 09:29
Sick Guys Today Pick Ok?
17 Jan 07:59
Sent sandlotman
17 Jan 04:34
MIL on the clock in BTL draft
17 Jan 04:33
17 Jan 04:25
Mmk we should be at 13 now... Assuming you sign up. Not really keeping tally since nothing there is like official
17 Jan 04:21
Will doski. After next two invites we should be at 13 or 14 I would think
17 Jan 04:15
I can't promise I'll get on there, I'm already on too many sites in all my leagues lol But I'll try - [email protected]
17 Jan 04:08
Will do 4bs
17 Jan 04:02
Mmk try now gents... Pms I mean
17 Jan 04:01
[email protected] for group me
17 Jan 04:00
No wonder invite requests stopped... We are at 12/13
17 Jan 04:00
Holy shite
17 Jan 03:59
william, your inbox is full Smile
17 Jan 03:59
I'll make an np one soon too yeah
17 Jan 03:52
Cool. Group at 11 I think
17 Jan 03:51
for an np one

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Braves/Blue Jays Trade
The Braves and Blue Jays kick off the off-season with a deal:

Braves Receive:
Paul Goldschmidt $14.5M
Johan Camargo $0.5M, $0.5M

Blue Jays Receive:
Justin Smoak $6M
Jake Lamb $6.8M, $6.8M, $6.8M
Mike Foltynewicz $5.6M, $7.5M, $4.9M

Braves confirm. Our goal this offseason was to overhaul our offense and this is step one. Goldschmidt gives us an anchor in our lineup to build around and Camargo gives us a little flexibility at two positions that really gave us trouble last year (3B/SS).

As a Braves fan, I hate to see Folty go. But pitching was where our depth was, so that makes it easier to absorb his loss.

Thanks for the smooth talks Billy and good luck moving forward!

I accept. I hate losing Goldschmidt but I get replacement 1B in Smoak and a guy who had a down season in Lamb, but the key is getting some starting pitching talent which I lack

Sent from my iPhone using DynastysportsHQ
FCP- Heat/Bulls, LOR2- Bulls, NP- Blue Jays, QFL- Rams, TMW- Dillon Panthers

approve

Veto - partly based on Billy's logic which I'd need to be more solid in order to trade a 1st rounder at that price.

Furthermore this is Billy's first deal in NP as a new replacement owner. It just doesn't seem right to deal a franchise cornerstone for the declining Smoak and some OK pieces in lamb and folty. Not so early after getting the team at least. 

I don't value smaok as even a small replacement for Goldy.

Its fine if folks don't like vetoes but either remove the rule then or give a justification to merit a top top player dealt for far lesser players. I'm more curious why approve this personally.

Have you seen the state of my pitching? I made it clear that’s why I made this deal. I have Corbin and a bunch of trash at SP. Folty more than makes up for that with his 200+ Ks, 10+ QS, sub-3.00 ERA. Lamb will have a bounce back season this year and get back to his usual 25+ homer seasons. You have to give up high quality players to get high quality pitchers like Folty. Not to mention Goldy is going to cost a hell of a lot to resign after next year while Folty is on a damn cheap deal for how good of a pitcher he is.

Sent from my iPhone using DynastysportsHQ
FCP- Heat/Bulls, LOR2- Bulls, NP- Blue Jays, QFL- Rams, TMW- Dillon Panthers

Billy has a long history of being a reliable GM and has commished several leagues.

Taking that into account i don't think the deal is veto worthy, especially considering the re-sign cost for Goldschmidt.

Approve
BTL-Twins, BTN-Cards, NP-Rockies

Goldy with only 1-year remaining merits this as an apporval.  He's not a franchise player if you can't resign him.

Approve
David
NP-PIT, BTL - MIL

Approve
Have to side with experience

Nvm it's not worth my time to check this thread

approve