Current time: 11-19-2018, 10:03 PM
Shoutbox

« archive

BTN draft is underway, follow along: http://dynastysportshq.com/thread-33930.html
19 Nov 22:02
Lol
19 Nov 03:39
Well im fired, mckenzie is on bye
19 Nov 03:01
2mw mods can I get the move processed http://dynastysportshq.com/thread-34629.html
19 Nov 02:18
meangene is the new owner of the Yankees in Baseball Tonight
19 Nov 01:02
hi all
19 Nov 00:34
Damn i get hosed in the QFL expansion
17 Nov 08:12
If anyone has a popup that redirects them from the site, please copy the site link and then send it to me
16 Nov 12:54
QFL 2019 is going to be LIT! Expansion owners already nailed down. Some very solid owners on the wait list. May have to clear out some dead weight!
16 Nov 12:43
And they finish the job.... Did not expect that at all.
16 Nov 12:09
Shoutouts to THE MAN, Dan Hurley. Uconn up on #15 Cuse 51-41 last I checked. BAM
16 Nov 11:30
think i have the nfc central locked up with tampa rams and packaers left and a game in hand
16 Nov 02:49
Used to get them can’t remember if it saodnunsecure
16 Nov 02:37
I don’t have it right now
16 Nov 02:37
does yours say it not secure like mine?
16 Nov 02:23
you got me worriedthe site unusable\
16 Nov 02:22
thats the worst one
16 Nov 02:22
the winner congrats one
16 Nov 02:21
they started for me yesterday any time I would send a pm
16 Nov 02:21
Me neither. But I know the feeling when they come. Super annoying.
16 Nov 02:17

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Braves/Blue Jays Trade
The Braves and Blue Jays kick off the off-season with a deal:

Braves Receive:
Paul Goldschmidt $14.5M
Johan Camargo $0.5M, $0.5M

Blue Jays Receive:
Justin Smoak $6M
Jake Lamb $6.8M, $6.8M, $6.8M
Mike Foltynewicz $5.6M, $7.5M, $4.9M

Braves confirm. Our goal this offseason was to overhaul our offense and this is step one. Goldschmidt gives us an anchor in our lineup to build around and Camargo gives us a little flexibility at two positions that really gave us trouble last year (3B/SS).

As a Braves fan, I hate to see Folty go. But pitching was where our depth was, so that makes it easier to absorb his loss.

Thanks for the smooth talks Billy and good luck moving forward!

I accept. I hate losing Goldschmidt but I get replacement 1B in Smoak and a guy who had a down season in Lamb, but the key is getting some starting pitching talent which I lack

Sent from my iPhone using DynastysportsHQ
FCP- Heat/Bulls, LOR2- Bulls, MLB Live- Tigers, QFL- Rams, TMW- Dillon Panthers

approve

Veto - partly based on Billy's logic which I'd need to be more solid in order to trade a 1st rounder at that price.

Furthermore this is Billy's first deal in NP as a new replacement owner. It just doesn't seem right to deal a franchise cornerstone for the declining Smoak and some OK pieces in lamb and folty. Not so early after getting the team at least. 

I don't value smaok as even a small replacement for Goldy.

Its fine if folks don't like vetoes but either remove the rule then or give a justification to merit a top top player dealt for far lesser players. I'm more curious why approve this personally.

Have you seen the state of my pitching? I made it clear that’s why I made this deal. I have Corbin and a bunch of trash at SP. Folty more than makes up for that with his 200+ Ks, 10+ QS, sub-3.00 ERA. Lamb will have a bounce back season this year and get back to his usual 25+ homer seasons. You have to give up high quality players to get high quality pitchers like Folty. Not to mention Goldy is going to cost a hell of a lot to resign after next year while Folty is on a damn cheap deal for how good of a pitcher he is.

Sent from my iPhone using DynastysportsHQ
FCP- Heat/Bulls, LOR2- Bulls, MLB Live- Tigers, QFL- Rams, TMW- Dillon Panthers

Billy has a long history of being a reliable GM and has commished several leagues.

Taking that into account i don't think the deal is veto worthy, especially considering the re-sign cost for Goldschmidt.

Approve
BTL-Twins, BTN-Cards, NP-Rockies, LOR-Magic

Goldy with only 1-year remaining merits this as an apporval.  He's not a franchise player if you can't resign him.

Approve
David
NP-PIT, BTL - MIL

Approve
Have to side with experience

Nvm it's not worth my time to check this thread