Current time: 08-17-2019, 10:47 PM
Shoutbox

« archive

QFL
16 Aug 08:44
Dolphins still have lots of players to trade for picks, can pay 2019 contracts
16 Aug 08:44
If Gordo wasn't 31 I'd make extra space - fairly easily - for a 2m plus bid. But no rush since almost done with the work week
09 Aug 13:22
Like with Roto... It adds another element to pay attention to. plus speed helps with multille defensive positions
09 Aug 13:19
I prefer having sbs count more than they should
09 Aug 13:19
I'm personally hoping he has a good two months.
09 Aug 09:20
Yup.
09 Aug 09:20
Now back to your regular banter.
09 Aug 07:31
Gordon has had a couple of years where he had a solid OBP(2015 and 2017) and he would score well. Most of the time he's been 4 to 8 PPG though.
09 Aug 07:31
SB is 6 Points, Singles are 24 and Walks are 20. You only want the guys who can hit.
09 Aug 07:26
SBs don't really matter in MB3..
09 Aug 07:23
Ya?
08 Aug 12:30
lol Joe...
08 Aug 09:53
Should see less spam clogging up the timeline on the DHQ app now
08 Aug 03:18
Tempted to put in a bid for DG (Dee Gordon). How the heck is he below 10 pp/g... Maybe sbs don't matter much in mb3
08 Aug 02:25
QFL- looking for upgrades at RB or LB
07 Aug 05:27
You can send him back to IND Wink
06 Aug 04:59
Cowboys open to moving Zeke in QFL. Shoot me a PM
06 Aug 03:26
I have an opening already in NP
03 Aug 11:43
I’m sure he’s just speculating on inactive teams
03 Aug 11:43

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Five Stages of Veto Grief
So your trade got a veto vote...

I know this can be a very trying time in your life. You may be experiencing some feelings that are foreign to you. After all, you have spent several minutes/hours/days trying to find the perfect trade partner only to have them ripped away from you in your time of need. In order to understand what you're feeling you should probably read this helpful guide written by a real doctor.

The Five Stages of Veto Grief
Written by Dr. Trade King

Stage 1: Denial
- This stage is usually accompanied by a feeling of shock from seeing that first veto vote. The subject getting the best end of the trade will proceed to minimize the assets that they are trying to acquire. Statements such as "Player A isn't even that good" or "Player A has a terrible track record of injuries" are common in this stage. Conversely, the subject will also exaggerate the abilities of the player they are trading away with statements like "Don't look at last season, look at 2007 when he averaged 15 ppg" or "Just watch, this 7th round rookie is going to lead the league in rushing"

Stage 2: Anger
- This stage sees the subjects move away from justifying their own trade. The focus now shifts to lashing out at the people who placed the veto. Usually this is accompanied by attacking a Trade Committee member's voting history or perhaps trades that were made by the vetoing party several months/years ago. In acute cases where the subject is particularly butthurt you may also see some personal attacks. There have been a rash of these cases originating in Orange County for some unknown reason.

Stage 3: Bargaining
- This stage sees the subject getting the better end of the deal say they don't know what else they could do to make the deal pass. They will then offer to throw in one of their worst assets "if it will help". Generally they will post some LOL's and passive aggressively say they don't even care about the trade while at the same time fighting tooth and nail for it to pass.

Stage 4: Depression
- This stage sees the subject getting salty after realizing the trade is not going to pass through the trade committee. Any number of things could happen here. The most common cases see people go quiet, suggest rule changes in the future (usually to abolish the trade committee), or even post that they are putting their team up for sale. You will assuredly tell people to do their research because apparently they have not found the magical site you seem to be referencing for your trade values. Everyone is wrong but you.

Stage 5: Acceptance
- Congratulations for reaching Stage 5. It's not easy to admit your trade sucked but you have finally come to grips with it. Now get back out there and find that rebound trade partner. They may not be as pretty as the one you lost but at least maybe this one will let you trade to completion.

A+ laimbeer. Great stuff. 

The best/worst part is cringing in recognition at the parts of this that I've done myself on more than one occasion.
MB-Astros, BTL-Rays, FLG-Tigers 
*2016 Champion - For Love of the Game*

Dr. Trade King has spoken! Love it!

Trust me, I am a doctor
"Trust me, I'm a doctor" - Dr. Trade King 

Everyone is a Mr. or a Mrs. before they become a doctor...
It takes just as much faith NOT to believe as it does TO believe.